Stop Dieting To Lose Weight - Build a Healthy Lifestyle Instead

Was recently asked to participate in a pension challenge 21 days. Reading on the simple list of what not to eat for the next 21 days, I realized how much I've come in my journey to a healthier life. That does not mean I do not have room for improvement, but I am proud of the fact that very few use what's on the list. Two years ago, the list would have been a challenge for me. Today, not so much.

Just before my 32 birthday, I first met your concern for my health. I was not happy with the number on the scale. It was slowly drags the healthy range. I had to make changes.

I decided at that time not to take the road to a crash diet, as was past.This around my approach would be to eat healthier instead. If I lost weight in the best process.

I started to gradually simple changes in my daily eating habits. I give nothing, and I refused to let me go hungry. I just made healthier swaps and small changes. I switched to lean protein, I made a point to eat a salad every day, and changed the whole grain white wheat. I also increased my water intake significantly, and nothing out of the water that I considered a luxury. I liked even fast food, but I made ​​a point to choose healthier foods. I also started eating breakfast, something I had not done in years!

After a while these little things started to add up and soon became a habit. I lost a few pounds in the first month alone of these simple changes in my diet. Feeling motivated, I decided to combine my exercise routine and started walking 3 miles a few times a week.

A year later, I was running 3 miles 3-4 times a week. I had dropped 17 pounds, had more energy, and for the first time in years I felt good about my body.

Five months ago, during a stressful and hectic time in my life, I lost all desire to run. Although I'm sure this does not happen overnight, it seems that way now. It was almost as if someone flipped a switch that completely stole my motivation.

You would think months of inactivity have become weight is simply not the case. My weight has stayed the same so far, and the only thing that can help is to have the mindset to eat healthier instead of eating less.

What I learned was the difference between being healthy and diet. The regime has a negative connotation in my mind. For me symbolizes the deprivation, hunger and give up things you love. Torture you to shed pounds. Live healthier, in turn evokes positive images: Do you feel better, live longer and have fewer health problems.

If I were advising someone trying to lose weight would be to stop dieting. You go on a diet to fail because you give so much until it becomes impossible to maintain the loss. This is why weight loss by dieting is rarely maintained.

Instead of turning your attention to making healthy changes in your eating habits. Start slowly and gradually add more. Change your unhealthy habits with healthy ones. Over time these changes will become part of your lifestyle and the weight you lose will stay gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment